We are currently accepting resumes for this position.
A pioneer in Design & Delivery, Wight & Company provides integrated Architectural, Engineering and Construction services for the built environment. For more than 75 years, our firm has helped clients create exceptional, enduring buildings and spaces and has been rated by the Chicago Tribune as one of Chicago’s Top Workplaces! Our mission is to implement projects that holistically embrace sustainable design principles. We are currently seeking a self-motivated Landscape Architect interested working on various projects types from the early planning stages through construction administration, with a focus on parks & recreation, PK-12 schools, and pursuit of LEED certified projects. This position will reside in our Darien office.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from accredited university
- 3-7 years of professional landscape architecture experience
- Able to develop and maintain strong client relations
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment and work well with Architects, Landscape Architects and Civil Engineers
- Must be team oriented, organized and possess strong written and verbal skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong hand rendering and digital graphic skills
- Strong technical skills, including grading and constriction detailing
- Experience with ornamental and native plants of the Midwest and a basic understanding of LEED is required
- Experience working on Parks & Recreation, PK-12 Schools, and LEED projects