The two-story building is nestled on a six-acre site which is now a thriving, restored prairie. Employees spot deer and blue birds, and enjoy the aroma of blooming prairie flowers while walking a trail integrated into the site. The building itself functions as a dynamic tool that serves as an example for Wight’s clients. New systems and products are tested within the building, making it a laboratory for sustainable building techniques.
In the spirit of our commitment to the environment, sustainability was a key component of our corporate headquarters. A green roof, native prairie landscaping, low water consuming toilets and sinks, and refurbished workstations were incorporated into the design. We used many sustainable materials, such as the cork flooring in the lobby. Occupancy sensors and daylight sensors were also incorporated throughout for lighting control. Daylight and views are provided in almost all of the regularly occupied spaces through a floor to ceiling window system.
- 2014 Zweig Letter Hot Firm List, ZweigWhite
- 2014 Annual Awards for Business Excellence (AABE), Architecture & Construction, Daily Herald Business Ledger
- 2013 Zweig Letter Hot Firm List, ZweigWhite
- 2012 Design Intelligence Almanac of Architecture & Design
- 2012 Illinois Governor's Sustainability Award
- 2012 ENR Midwest Top 75 Design Awards
- 2012 First Place, Tradeshow Marketing, SMPS DC Chapter, Marketing Communication Awards (MCA)
- 2012 Outstanding Organization Award, U.S. Green Building Council - Illinois Chapter Emerald Awards
- 2011 Top Workplaces, Chicago Tribune
- 2011 Green Firm Certification, Sustainable Performance Institute (SPI)
- 2009 Zweig Letter Hot Firm List, ZweighWhite
- 2002 Outstanding Builder of 2001-2002, Association of Subcontractors & Affiliates