Battle Stations 21 immerses recruits in a virtual reality simulation of real-life training exercises. We designed and installed layer upon layer of the latest technology – along with thousands of items salvaged from retired destroyers – to emulate the look, feel, and even smells of a real ship. Recruits conduct an all-night, 12-hour mission on Battle Stations 21, completing their training and earning the title of Sailor if they are successful. This training facility is the first of its kind in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- 2008 Best Overall Project, Design-Build Institute of America
- 2008 Best Public Sector Building, Design-Build Institute of America
- 2008 Project of the Year, Institutional, Midwest Construction
- 2008 Thea Award for Outstanding Achievement, Themed Training Experience, Themed Entertainment Association (TEA)
- 2007 Pride in Construction Project of the Year, New Construction - Suburbs, Construction Industry Service Corporation