Accounting Controller - Darien
We are currently accepting resumes for this position.
Wight & Company, rated by the Chicago Tribune as a “Chicago Top Workplace,” is an award-winning Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Management firm. We have an exciting opportunity at our Darien office! We seek an Accounting Controller to join our dynamic staff! This position is responsible for performing internal audits and reconciliations upon the financial statement of multiple departments within an A/E/C firm. Also, a key component of this position is the responsibility of training accounting staff and project management teams in best accounting practices utilizing the technologies available within the firm.
- Analyze and review revenue and costs of projects on a monthly basis working with project managers and project accountants
- Perform reconciliations between accounting software and supporting documentation
- Mentor accounting staff
- Maintain and upgrade all financial systems software including conversion to a new system from Deltek FMS to CMiC
- Partner with the CFO, managers and accounting staff to utilize technology to automate manual accounting tasks and improve processes efficiency
- Arrange/provide training for all accounting staff, management and others who use the accounting systems
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy required
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of CMiC accounting software preferred
- 5+ years accounting experience in auditing or internal accounting required
- Preference to candidates with experience at a professional service firm, construction management firm and/or an architectural/engineering firm
- Previous experience implementing, maintaining and enhancing financial systems is preferred
- A sense of humor