Civil Project Engineer
We are currently accepting resumes for this position.
Land Development/Site Planning Civil Project Engineer
Wight & Company is a leading Architectural, Engineering and Construction firm that has been rated by the Chicago Tribune as one of Chicago’s Top Workplaces! Our mission is to implement projects that holistically embrace sustainable design principles. We are currently looking for Civil Engineers to work in our Land Development group on site development projects.
- Preparation of design drawings and specifications under the direction of Professional Engineer
- Perform design calculations for utility designs, stormwater management, earthwork, grading, erosion control, etc., under the direction of a Professional Engineer
- Permitting / regulatory reviews
- Quantity and cost estimates
- Technical report writing
- Work closely with other engineers, architects and project team members to create integrated sustainable solutions
- 0 to 3 years of experience in Site/Land Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration as an Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) or Engineer Intern (EI) or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Knowledge or desire to learn grading, stormwater management, hydrology, hydraulics, and utility design
- Knowledge or experience with Civil 3D and other technical programs a plus
- Permitting experience in NE Illinois a plus