What Interns Can Expect with Their Wight Experience
The integrated nature of Wight means interns will be included as full members of project teams, interact with senior leadership, attend client meetings and site visits, and enjoy enrichment activities such as architecture tours, field trips, and professional development workshops. In all that they do, Wight Interns will be immersed in our commitment to sustainable design and practices.
Architecture & Interiors will experience real-time interaction with architects, engineers, construction managers, energy modelers, sustainability managers, and visualization team members. Project work will provide experience with the latest technology (Revit, Enscape, 3D Printers, Drones, etc.) and research such as products, building typologies, and systems.
Engineering Interns will work with Junior and Senior Engineers to develop creative solutions to challenges in the design processes and expand upon existing technical and computer skills to aide with day-to-day activities. Project work will focus on sustainable design.
Construction Management Interns will work with Superintendents and tradespeople to participate in on-site building in a managerial manner. Interns will also work with Project Managers in preparing project estimates, schedules, contracts, and other project-specific managerial tasks.
Transportation Interns will work collaboratively with construction managers, engineers, inspectors, field crew members, and consultants. Learn to work collaboratively with the latest transportation technology, including Virtual Design & Construction (VDC), BIM for Infrastructure, OpenRoads modeling, Bluebeam Studio, LumenRT, and TopoDOT, as well as reality capture 3D modeling and visualization, drones, immersive reality, and connected construction technology.
What Interns Can Expect from the Culture at Wight & Company
Wight Interns will be fully immersed in our culture, which is driven by exceptional people who are committed to helping each other succeed. We encourage continuous learning, frequent collaboration, and a relentless pursuit of excellence. Success happens together, and we nurture our internal relationships through:
- Virtual Town Halls and a Speaker Series
- Group visits to projects under construction or recently completed
- A focus on employee wellness
- On-site garden and walking paths at our Darien office for staff to collaboratively grow vegetables and enjoy our natural surroundings
- Monthly department presentations and panel discussions to foster a growth mindset
- Cross-discipline team-building activities and networking sessions
- Participation in employee social events, as well intern-specific outings such as Chicago’s Architectural Boat Tour, Cub’s games, and more!
We’re simply better together. Join us!