We are currently accepting resumes for this position.
Are you looking for an opportunity to do challenging, creative work that makes a real impact…and be recognized for it? Would you like to be part of a company that respects the contributions marketing makes, and values your ideas and opinions? Then consider joining Wight & Company.
We’re an award-winning integrated architecture, engineering, and construction firm with offices in both Chicago and Darien, Illinois, and we’re looking for a talented professional to join our Darien-based Marketing team.
As a key member of our team, you’ll work collaboratively with other Marketing teammates, business development, and other members of the firm. You’ll tap into your competitive spirit to help us win new business. And you’ll participate in the development of proposals and materials designed to promote our company to prospects, clients, and partners, as well as play a critical role in other corporate communication initiatives.
- Responding to RFQs and RFPs, including overall process coordination; writing, organizing, and editing content; collaborating with other members of the marketing team to design layouts and develop graphics/images; and overseeing print production
- Assisting with interview preparation, including presentation materials development and “red teaming”
- Developing and producing marketing collateral, including but not limited to presentations, boards, leave-behinds, and templates
- Championing Wight’s use of social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) as part of Wight’s broader communications plan; lead Wight’s social media planning, execution, and monitoring processes
- Conducting research related to specific projects, clients and/or competitors
- Asset management/database support
- Special projects and other duties, as assigned
Background & Experience Expectations
- 2+ years of experience working on proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, or related area of study
- Software proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strategic thinking skills
- Strong technical and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work assignments with critical deadlines, without losing your sense of humor