We are currently accepting resumes for this position.
Wight & Company, an award-winning, integrated architecture, engineering, and construction firm, based in Darien, Illinois, has a tremendous opportunity in for an individual who is interested in an environment that’s fun, fast-paced, and rewarding. We seek an enthusiastic, motivated Plumbing/FP Engineer to join our team!
- Work with Senior Plumbing/FP Engineer to design plumbing/FP systems from schematic design through project completion
- Produce detailed design documents and specifications under guidance of Senior Engineer
- Perform site surveys, existing condition assessments and assist in writing reports
- Check shop drawings and assist during construction
- Associates degree in Mechanical or Plumbing/Fire Protection required
- 1-3 years of mechanical/plumbing and fire protection engineering experience
- Good working knowledge of NFPA, IPC, Illinois Plumbing, and Chicago Building Codes
- Experience in projects with sustainable solutions and LEED certifications a plus
- CPD Certification a plus
- AutoCAD and REVIT knowledge a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to interact with a variety of clients
- A sense of humor