Built in 1939, the historic post office building was a well-known fixture in downtown Naperville and required careful preservation. Highlights of the renovation included the creation of an open floor plan and a gallery-style lobby with a 14-foot ceiling and roof windows to provide additional light. The existing interior marble wainscot was reused and the original white oak windows were restored. Art Deco style lighting fixtures were installed and an art mural was commissioned by the government to be displayed over the new teller windows. New exterior landscaping and stonework was completed to match the historic façade of the building.