Sr. Cost Estimator
We are currently accepting resumes for this position.
Sr. Cost Estimator
Wight & Company, an award winning, top integrated AEC design led firm located in Darien, Illinois, has an opening for a Sr. Cost Estimator to work in our Pre-Construction Group. We have a broad client focus, including institutional markets such as schools and municipalities, corporate clients, private developers and federal agencies. Candidates must be able to work equally well with clients, architects and construction staff. We are looking for highly motivated self starters to work in our fast paced and energized Construction Department.
- Planning and coordinating estimating functions for commercial/institutional construction projects;
- Estimate values under his/her supervision and for identifying and mitigating risk factors which influence corporate success or failure;
- Review budget and estimate details and recognize errors and anomalies;
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and bidding requirements;
- Participate in bid strategy meetings and presentation meetings as required;
- Participate in hard bidding of commercial and institutional projects;
- Provide technical support and/or prepare estimates as required to assist in the “sale” of a project for the company;
- Must be able to assign work scopes to various trade contractors to result in a complete estimate, and be accountable for the accuracy of the estimate prepared;
- Review historical data from previous contracts, purchase orders, etc. and incorporate the information into an estimating database.
- Extensive (7+ years) practical experience estimating for construction;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management , Architecture, Engineering or or equivalent experience;
- Must be decisive and have excellent problem solving and leadership abilities;
- Prior relationships with various trade contractors to assist in the bidding and estimating of work is required;
- Ability to interface with owners, architects, engineers and contractors in developing and clarifying scope;
- Experience with estimating software programs is required. Experience with BIM, Navisworks or other integrated AEC design programs is a plus.
- Experience with conceptual estimating, various design phase estimating and hard bidding of commercial construction projects.