Mike is the President of Transportation and Infrastructure and is responsible for all strategic and long-term planning, partnerships, and initiatives in this market. Named as one of Crain’s Notable Black Leaders and Executives, he brings to this role a passion for building diverse teams that are focused on creating a positive, productive workplace culture in pursuit of shared goals.
Prior to joining Wight, Mike was President of Globetrotters Engineering Corporation (GEC), a full-service architectural, transportation and infrastructure engineering firm. Mike also served in multiple senior-level positions in the City of Chicago and the Chicago Department of Aviation.
Mike holds a BA from Northwestern University and earned his JD at the University of Michigan Law School. He is active in business and community organizations:
- Chicago Botanic Garden, Chair, Government Affairs Committee and Member, Executive Committee
- Commercial Club of Chicago, Member, Civic Committee Transportation Taskforce
- Economic Club of Chicago, Member, Questions Committee
- 1871 Chicago, Member and Mentor, BLK Tech accelerator program
- Adler Planetarium, Member, Development Committee