Excellence is at the center of Wight & Company’s dynamic culture. Our Culture of Excellence drives our ongoing focus on iteration, innovation and an immersive process. It’s a mindset that extends throughout our organization, influencing our approach to project leadership, the way our teams engage with clients and the strategic partnerships we form. Our Culture of Excellence is perpetuated by our passion for trying new things, our willingness to challenge the status quo and our inherent desire to solve challenges.
Because we believe that good design is good business, we’ve created a workplace where design thinking is cultivated and celebrated. Also embedded in our DNA is a relentless curiosity and a collaborative spirit that drive us to constantly explore new ways to delight our clients.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative culture, then Wight may be the ideal environment for you. Many people come to Wight and stay. We like that about our employees. We also like what that says about us—Wight is a great place to build a career. The Wight experience includes ongoing opportunities to contribute to important projects for exceptional clients; a dynamic, high-performance work environment that fosters innovation, collaboration and fun; and a culture that supports teamwork and thoughtful risk-taking.
Wight & Company is always looking for top talent to join our dynamic, ever-growing workforce. Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Our summer internship program equips college students with hands-on project experience and personalized mentoring. Architecture, engineering and construction students who participate in an internship at Wight & Company gain valuable opportunities to develop their skills and learn from diverse professionals across the firm. The comprehensive experience includes contributing as full members of project teams, learning technical and client relationship skills, and building valuable relationships with other interns through ongoing networking and recreational activities.
We provide a variety of internal programs at Wight to develop and inspire our employees and provide opportunities for growth.
Our comprehensive employee development program.
Structured around the concepts of learn, grow, and share, the program provides ongoing opportunities for our staff to expand their knowledge, expertise, and experiences.
- Learn: A series of formal professional development opportunities and informal collaborations with thought leaders helps individuals broaden their skills and expertise.
- Grow: Cross-disciplinary exploration is encouraged through exposure to the firm’s different practices and areas of expertise. Customized to each employee’s needs and preferences, the system enables everyone to experience the breadth of Wight & Company.
- Share: To maximize the impact of employee development experiences, we developed a framework to facilitate the collective sharing of knowledge and expertise with others throughout the firm.
- Presentations: Lunch and Learns and informal breakfast presentations by vendors about products and processes, held several times a month. Vendors, schedule here.
- Engagements: Speaker events, organized by the Leadership Council, held once per quarter.
- Enrichment: Educational courses, led by the Leadership Council, held several times a month.
- Tube Tuesdays: Bi-monthly viewing of an industry-related TED Talk, YouTube clip, or other video on a large screen in the lunch area, followed by a group conversation.
- Wight Tales: Quarterly storytelling of a Wight project from inception to completion to gain knowledge of processes and lessons learned.
- Eames: The “Eames Initiative,” created in honor of the pioneering design team of Charles and Ray Eames, ignites our culture and innovation to further support our Integrated Services structure. The Eames program seeks out leading thinkers across varied disciplines to inspire us to look at problems differently, learn something new, and impact the world positively.
A forum for the firm’s next generation of leaders.
The Leadership Council provides ongoing opportunities for Wight & Company’s future leaders to actively participate in the firm’s evolution. Members of this core team learn about the firm’s operations and performance while contributing their ideas and developing their strategic leadership skills.
Leadership Council delegates also take on special initiatives, such as Wight.edu, and serve as leadership ambassadors to their colleagues, ensuring transparency and consistent communication throughout the company.
A community of the firm’s young professionals who share knowledge and experiences with each other.
PLACES (Pursuing Leadership in Architecture, Construction, Engineering and Sustainability) is a dynamic group of young professionals within Wight & Company who have five or fewer years of experience in the A/E/C industry. We’re dedicated to helping each other advance our careers, as well as make a meaningful contribution to both our company and the community at-large.
We meet regularly to discuss project challenges and lessons learned, explore industry developments and new technologies, and participate in professional development opportunities. We also participate in community-based and philanthropic activities, as well as social events, throughout the year.
A multi-disciplinary group of internal experts that sets green benchmarks across our practice.
The Sustainability Center of Excellence works together to inspire innovative action within Wight & Company. It also develops the Wight Sustainability Standard, a set of criteria that guides project teams in implementing sustainable design, engineering, and construction practices on all projects.
By measuring the sustainability performance of projects and tracking the progress of project teams, Wight & Company is committed to remaining at the leading edge of the industry.