The Design Futures Council (DFC), a built environment industry leadership consortium, has announced the 2020 inductees to its exclusive Senior Fellows program. Pat Cermak, Wight & Company's President and Chief Operating Officer is among this year's cohort of 17 honorees.
The new fellows were formally introduced at the DFC’s Leadership Summit on the Business of Design. The Senior Fellows program, which includes over 200 distinguished leaders - including Wight's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark Wight - honors its members’ significant contributions to the built environment industry disciplines. By so meaningfully raising the bar, these leaders secure others in their work, inspire them in their craft, and empower them to collectively make the world a better place.
Pat shares: "I am so honored and humbled to have been included in this most prestigious honor alongside such an outstanding group of people. And to follow in Mark Wight’s footsteps in receiving this Senior Fellows Award, only validates Wight & Company’s culture, business model, and being a most special place to work." We heartily congratulate Pat on this outstanding achievement.
To be inducted, candidates must: 1) have a consistent and successful career in built environment industry professions extending a minimum of 20 years; 2) achieve indisputable leadership in business, design, education, technology, and/or innovation that has raised the performance of the organizations these professionals have led; and 3) be recognized by peers at the Design Futures Council as bringing their whole selves to the DFC community, offering insights and opinions that count, sharing presentations that move the community and interpersonal conversations not lost upon the whole.
We congratulate all those named 2020 DFC Senior Fellows:
- Jim Anderson, Principal, Chair, Dialog Design
- Niles Bolton, Chairman and CEO, Niles Bolton Associates
- Pat Cermak, President & COO, Wight & Company
- Dilip Choudhuri, President & CEO, Walter P Moore
- Fiske Crowell, Principal Architect, Sasaki
- Don Davies, President, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Randy Deutsch, Clinical Associate Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Peter Devereaux, CEO, HED (Harley Ellis Devereaux)
- Ted Hyman, Managing Partner, ZGF Architects
- Peter MacKeith, Dean and Professor, Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design, University of Arkansas
- Rob Miller, Director, School of Architecture, University of Arizona
- Adrian Parr, Dean, College of Architecture, Planning, and Public Affairs, University of
- Katherine Peele, Chief Practice Officer, LS3P Associates
- Bradford Perkins, CEO, Perkins Eastman
- Scott Poole, Dean, College of Architecture + Design, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Ignacio Reyes, Vice President, Chief Development Officer, Leo A Daly
- Angela Watson, Principal, Shepley Bulfinch
Through virtual and in-person spaces, the DFC creates context in which leaders from member firms can work with one another — as well as with leading thinkers from outside industries — to tackle complex challenges and opportunities across the industry. By convening summits on central issues, including sustainability, education, and business leadership, the Council promotes collaboration across multiple disciplines. Together, its members and senior fellows uncover insights that move the built environment industry toward social and environmental wholeness. Learn more on the Design Futures Council website.