The Skokie Park District engaged Wight & Company to provide construction management services for renovations at the Skatium ice rink facility. Wight served as the single point of contact during the preconstruction and bidding phase through the construction phase and completion of the project.
The project scope included
- Replacement of the 85 x 200-foot refrigerated concrete rink floor
- A new ammonia-based ice rink refrigeration plant
- New desiccant dehumidifier/air handlers for two rink
- New boilers and hot-water heating piping
- Associated site, mechanical, and electrical work
After demolition, construction began in the early summer of 2022 and was complete with the painting and installation of new dasher boards in September of the same year.